Billion Dollar Advice for Fundraising Success
The folks at Fundraising Fundamentals have translated billionaire Mark Cuban’s formula for business success into a formula for fundraising success …
“Famed entrepreneur Mark Cuban once said, Make your product easier to buy than your competition or you will find your consumers buying from them, not you.
What does Mark’s advice mean for your nonprofit? What do you need to do to make sure that donors are investing in your organization instead of going to the competition?
Follow these five simple steps to success:
1. Don’t make educating your donors the focus of your communications. Meet them where they are – not where you want them to be.
2. Forget the witty, brainy, philosophical branding campaigns that are designed to “make donors think.” They don’t want to think. They want to help. Show them in simple terms how they can help.
3. Focus your fundraising on the most urgent, tangible and solvable problems faced by those you serve.
4. Ensure your brand communicates your value proposition – what your impact is on the community – not the programs and services you provide.
5. Tell stories that are emotionally engaging and easy to digest.”