This month’s Fundraising Fundamentals podcast from the Chronicle of Philanthropy centers around some tips for increasing followers on Facebook.
John Haydon and Michael Dougherty discussed the following tips:
- Do you often think that you will eventually run out of topics to post about? UtilizeFacebook Insights to run metrics on your top 10 posts. Then repost a top 10 list of popular posts.
- Use Facebook Insights to monitor when the most popular times your site is viewed and post content around those times.
- Supplement social media with email. Put a Facebook link to your page in any emails you send, asking the recipient to ‘Like’ your page.
- Use sites and apps like ActionSprout, WOOBOX and ShortStack to engage people by asking them to make pledge or donation. This is a great way to acquire new email addresses!
- Increase engagement by using photos (photos generally outperform videos).
- For people who make comments or who share your post, take time to recognize their action – this will often lead to an increase in their overall engagement.
And it never hurts to just ask – Like me!