March 31, 2011
And the Winner is … Best Friends Animal Society
Harris Interactive just released its annual EquiTrends poll and named Best Friends Animal Society the nation’s top non-profit brand. In second place—Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Of the top ten brands, four were hospitals and three were disease charities. Why do health groups rate so highly? Their mission is clear, their results are tangible, and their stories are emotional. Simply put, their message appeals to both the head and the heart.
Top Ten Nonprofit Brands in America:
1. Best Friends Animal Society
2. Susan G. Komen for the Cure
3. Shriners Hospital for Children
4. St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital
5. Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
6. Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
7. National Kidney Foundation
8. New York Metropolitan Museum of Art
9. American Diabetes Association
See the complete list of top non-profit brands at Harris Interactive.